Icelandair our first recommendation airline for your Iceland Holidays:
Icelandair currently offers flights to Iceland from the following UK airports ;
London Heathrow Terminal 2 twice daily.
London Gatwick, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Sunday
Birmingham Mondays & Thursday's , New
Manchester Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Glasgow Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Sunday.
Icelandair offers the most punctual and reliable scheduled service and we regard them as a legacy carrier perfect for the decerning traveller and they are one of Europes
most progressive and dynamic airlines with over 70 year's aviation experience. Icelandair strive to meet or even exceed the customers expectations at all times. You will enjoy a comfortable flight and experience the renowned hospitality of Icelanders and the fascinating charms of Iceland
through their service.
Baggage allowance for Icelandair flights are as follows:
Economy Comfort checked-baggage allowance:
Flights within Europe/Weight Concept: (Europe to Iceland and return) Economy Comfort passengers are entitled to 30 kg (66lbs).
Transatlantic Flights/Piece Concept: (Europe to the USA and return) two checked bags, not weighing more than 32kg (70lbs) each, total of the 3 dimensions (L+W+H) does not exceed 158cm (62in).
Economy Class checked-baggage allowance:
Flights within Europe/Weight Concept: (Europe to Iceland and return) Economy Class passengers are entitled to 20 kg (44lbs).
Transatlantic Flights/Piece Concept: (Europe to the USA and return) two checked bags, not weighing more than 23kg (50lbs) each, total of the 3 dimensions (L+W+H) does not exceed 158cm (62in).
Hand Baggage allowance:
Economy Class: One piece of hand baggage is allowed per person. Dimension is not to exceed 55*35*25cm = 21*14*10inc = Total 45 inches and maximum weight of 6 kg.
Economy Comfort: Two pieces of hand luggage, max size of 55*35*25 cm = 21*14*10inc = Total 45 inches and maximum weight of 9 kg.
Iceland Express is a young and enterprising airline which was set up in February 2003. With Iceland often featured in the top 10 of the world's must visit destinations, there is a clear demand for their service. Today Iceland Express has more than 300,000 passengers a year - more than the entire population of Iceland. With its uncompromising service and reliability they will bring you geysers, whale safaris and blue lagoons within easy reach.
Icelandair is a dynamic company with firm roots going back to the early years of aviation in Iceland. Air Iceland has flights to all the main destinations in Iceland which allows you to enjoy your journey and visit Iceland's natural beauty with Air Iceland.
Icelandair is pleased to announce its move from London Heathrow Terminal 1 to Terminal 2, effective from 25th March 2015. The new terminal is named in honour of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, who officially opened the terminal in July 2014 nearly 60 years after she opened the original building.
The terminal is designed for the needs of the individual and provides a great experience whether touching down or taking off. Improved experience for our passengers includes:
- Faster check-in and security: The terminal’s added facilities and newest technology reduce time at check-in and security.
- Improved departures lounge: The new building offers plenty of space to relax in the light and airy departures lounge.
- Enhanced retail facilities: Once through passport control and security, passengers are able to shop at 33 retail brands and choose from 17 restaurants including one created by Michelin chef Heston Blumenthal.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi is available throughout the terminal. Just choose Heathrow Wi-Fi & follow the instructions.
- Easier connections: Passengers will enjoy seamless connection opportunities with other T2 airlines combined with modern, light, spacious and innovative facilities.
Good to know:
- Icelandair flights at London Heathrow will arrive and depart from Terminal 2 from 25th March 2015 onwards.
- Until the move, flights will continue to depart and arrive at Terminal 1.
- Check-in at Terminal 2 will be located at Zone C
- Check-in desks open 3.5 hours before and closes 45 minutes before scheduled departure time.
- You must enter security 35 minutes before your flight departs.
- Check-in is also available online and on mobile 36 hours before scheduled departure
- Lounge facilities at Terminal 2 will be confirmed soon
- As well as two daily flights to London Heathrow, Icelandair also flies from 4 other airports in the UK (Gatwick, Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow) direct to Iceland with easy connections to 14 gateways in North America.