Heathrow Terminal 2
Icelandair is pleased to announce its move from London Heathrow Terminal 1 to Terminal 2, effective from 25th March 2015. The new terminal is named in honour of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, who officially opened the terminal in July 2014 nearly 60 years after she opened the original building.
The terminal is designed for the needs of the individual and provides a great experience whether touching down or taking off. Improved experience for our passengers includes:
- Faster check-in and security: The terminal’s added facilities and newest technology reduce time at check-in and security.
- Improved departures lounge: The new building offers plenty of space to relax in the light and airy departures lounge.
- Enhanced retail facilities: Once through passport control and security, passengers are able to shop at 33 retail brands and choose from 17 restaurants including one created by Michelin chef Heston Blumenthal.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi is available throughout the terminal. Just choose Heathrow Wi-Fi & follow the instructions.
- Easier connections: Passengers will enjoy seamless connection opportunities with other T2 airlines combined with modern, light, spacious and innovative facilities.
Good to know:
- Icelandair flights at London Heathrow will arrive and depart from Terminal 2 from 25th March 2015 onwards.
- Until the move, flights will continue to depart and arrive at Terminal 1.
- Check-in at Terminal 2 will be located at Zone C
- Check-in desks open 3.5 hours before and closes 45 minutes before scheduled departure time.
- You must enter security 35 minutes before your flight departs.
- Check-in is also available online and on mobile 36 hours before scheduled departure
- Lounge facilities at Terminal 2 will be confirmed soon
- As well as two daily flights to London Heathrow, Icelandair also flies from 4 other airports in the UK (Gatwick, Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow) direct to Iceland with easy connections to 14 gateways in North America.