Sights in Iceland
There are many great sights worth visiting in Iceland, sights that make the country one of the top destinations in the World, all of which are well worth a visit. Some of our recommendations include:
- The Golden Circle - with Pingvellir National Park Rift Valley, the site of Iceland's first Parliament, and the point where Europe meets America at the continental divide. The famous geothermal area of Geysir and the majestic Gulfoss waterfall.
- Snaefellsness - the spectacular glacier on Snaefellsjokull volcano and the quiet fishing villages abundant in wildlife
- Husavik - the whale watching capital
- Reykjavik - the capital city with many shops, museums and galleries
- Vik - the Skogafoss waterfall, Myrdalsjokull glacier
- Hofn - close to the Vatnajokull Icecap
- Akureyri - the capital of the north, by Eyjafjordur Iceland's longest fjord
- The Western Fjords - the most westerly part of Iceland and geologically are very old
- The Ranga River - a top spot for salmon fishing and river rafting
- Blue Lagoon - a geothermal spa
- Myvatn - A large volcanic area, with natural lakes and lagoons for bathing
- Skaftafell - a large National Park in "Glacier Country"