A Historical & Geological Wonder
Þingvellir National Park is located in a rift valley where the Eurasian and North American tectonic plates meet. It is a site of great historical, geological and cultural significance and has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage site. Þingvellir is the birthplace of the Althing Iceland’s parliament founded in 930 AD, where the nation’s most powerful leaders would meet to decide on legislation and carry out brutal Viking age justice.
An Awe-Inspiring Waterfall
The tour continues across an area of picturesque scenery to the mighty Gullfoss waterfall. Once there, you can take several paths around the two tiers of cascading water to explore several vantage points. Extra time is allotted at this location for a lunch break at Gullfoss Café, where food is available for purchase.
Bubbling with Excitement
Next up is the home of “The Great Geysir” hot spring, which all geysers are named after. This area is an impressive collage of bubbling mud pools, hissing steam vents, and colorful algae deposits. Strokkur geyser puts on quite the show every few minutes blasting boiling water high up into the air.
The Sky Lagoon
Just outside Reykjavik is the Sky Lagoon, an incredible thermal spa where the ocean meets the sky at the edge of the world. It‘s based on using the best of Iceland from nature, beauty, wonder and warmth. The lagoon is perfect for rejuvenation and relaxation for mind, body and soul in a pure geothermal water.
- Start by settling in and relax at the lagoon and breathe in the fresh Icelandic air .
- It’s time for the glacier cold pool for only the bravest, leaving you with increased blood flow and tighter skin as well as a natural high!
- Visit the sauna and it’s breathtaking view.
- Balance the heat by going slowly through the cold fog-mist space by taking a deep breath and refresh your senses.
- Apply the signature Sky Body Scrub for a glowing skin.
- Step into the steam and allow the moist to maximize the hydrating benefits of the body scrub.
- Enjoy the moment in a pure gentle shower and feel the result of the ritual.
Sky Lagoon Features
The Sky Lagoon opened in May 2021 and offers a state of the art locker rooms, showers, and changing facilities, as well as a bar and restaurant area. After 2 hours of enjoying the Sky Lagoon’s miraculous waters, a return transfer is waiting for you, rejuvenated and refreshed.
An Experience for the Mind, Body & Soul
While anyone of these stops makes incredible images for your Instagram feed, they also all have rich histories and fascinating tales, each told with their nuances by our knowledgeable guides. Touring the Golden Circle and soaking in the Sky Lagoon is an unforgettable way to experience Iceland’s natural wonders for your body, mind, and soul.