Specialists in making holidays to Iceland since 1994
It's official Iceland is the safest place on the planet. Global Peace Index 2023.
Thank you so much Gareth for organising such a lovely holiday for us! We gave a basic outline of what we wanted from our holiday and Gareth organised everything. Everything ran very smoothly and what an amazing experience. Thank you for all your suggestions, so glad we took them on
We are here to reassure you that you can trust our team with your Iceland holiday plans, knowing that all bookings with us are ATOL protected
Get warmed up for seeing the New Year in Icelandic style with a tour of the local Bon Fire events. The tour starts at 8pm so why not eat early and then wrap up warm and enjoy the fun. Don't forget to eat an early tea before you set off ! Add a City Tour.
New Year’s Eve in Reykjavík is celebrated with fireworks and bonfires and the locals gather around the several bonfires dispersed all over the city, celebrating and singing. Reykjavik Excursions offer a great tour which allows you to experience this celebration with the Icelanders. A spectacular sight not to be missed when in Iceland! This tour is only available on new years eve, every year. Duration: 20:00 - 22:30
- New Year's Eve bonfires and fireworks
- Traditional Icelandic holiday experience
What’s included & Need to know
- Bus fare
- Professional Local Guidance
- Firework Sparklers
- Vehicle cleaned with Vectorfog - 100% Natural multi-surface disinfectant.
- Dress warmly as it can get really cold on New Year´s eve
- We stop at one of the biggest bonfire in the capital area
- The bonfire starts at 20:30 followed by a preview fireworks display around 21:10
- After the bonfire we take a short drive around the city and learn about the Icelandic traditions on New Years eve
- The tour ends around 22.30 but make sure to be awake around midnight as that's when Icelanders go out to the streets with their fireworks. You might experience a great display of lights and sparkles high up in the sky
Tour Duration: 2.5/3 hours
Call us on +44 (0) 1773 850222